November 12, 2020 (updated March 26, 2021)
The negative effects of poor air quality in the learning environment have been known for years, but the current pandemic underscores the urgent need for schools to address air quality issues now and protect students, teachers and staff from the risk of contracting and transmitting COVID-19.
For COVID-19 mitigation, experts have established a target number of at least 5 air changes per hour (ACH) for classrooms. In this Guide, we provide school decision-makers with:
- A method to establish a baseline ACH for their classrooms
- An easy-to-use decision tree to achieve the target of 5 ACH
- A side-by-side comparison of portable vs fixed air purifiers to help determine the right solution for your school
- A recommendation on acceptable sound levels for in-room air cleaners to minimize classroom disruption
- Expert commentary on alternative air cleaning technologies; and
- A buyer’s checklist for in-room air cleaners
Download the free Guide to learn more about COVID-19 mitigation in the classroom.